So as a bunch of people plan to wipe out their Facebooks account at the end of May, I’ve decided to launch my little pet project I’ve been kicking around for a while called the Human Facebook Project. Here’s how it will work:
- Every day or so, I’ll call up one of my friends (or email them) and catch up on what they’ve been doing. I’ll write a post about it – and I’m a newspaper reporter, so maybe the little stories will even be interesting.
- This is to be a three-month project.
- No deleting friends, if they are on my list as of tonight, they are potential candidates.
- All names and identifying details will be modified as seems reasonable. Friends who are public figures or in the news can be treated with a bit more candour, but must still be spoken to in person before posting about them.
- Likewise, no embarassing or stupid stories that they wouldn’t be comfortable posting on Facebook on their own.
- I’ll leave my account open to new friends requests, and won’t turn anyone away.
So there you have it, the Human Facebook Project, launched. Talk to you soon, and you should probably expect to get pictures of my daughter in the mail.